Plano HS Lacrosse Assistant Coach
Plano Lacrosse Association (www.planolacrosse.com), entering its 27th season of DI & DII play in Texas, is seeking a committed and experienced high school assistant coach. Applicant coach is expected to be active with the program starting in the fall of 2018 through the spring 2019 season.
We are looking for a coach who can bring extensive knowledge and a mentor like coaching philosophy to the organization and is committed to teaching the players to play in the system as designed by the Head High School Coach in conjunction with his/her own existing curriculum, which will be asked to be presented upon hire.
The assistant coach is responsible for supporting the program in all aspects of the development of the team (beginning in the fall) including: Implementing Head coaches practice and game plans. Utilizing the Plano Player Code of Conduct, effectively assist head coach in the management of the team during all practices, scrimmages, games & events.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication skills
- College lacrosse experience as player or coach (NCAA Division I/II/III), preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to develop and maintain positive, respectful relationships with student-athletes
- Strong leadership presence and presentation skills to motivate high school student-athletes
- Excellent organizational skills
- Be a positive, but firm role model to all players, instilling self-discipline on and off the field.
- Enforce player code of conduct
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members and support staff
- Previous coaching experience, preferred
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred
- Available for all practices and games
- Candidates must have three references from employers or other lacrosse involved parties
- Offer and support recruiting opportunities for interested and eligible student-athletes in pursuit of their goals to play lacrosse at the collegiate level
- Available August – May
Salary: Commensurate with experience, competitive, but negotiable. Performance-based bonus available if certain criteria are met.
All candidates must be committed to the education and advancement of young men in the program not only as athletes, but as students and young men.
Note: A pre-employment background check will be required as a condition of employment.
Complete application submissions will include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. You must submit all of the noted documents in order to receive full consideration. Interested candidates please submit information to